Why not join me in the challenge as well? Learn one skill a month for a year. All it takes is 40-60 minutes a day. If you want to do your best, I’d recommend watching Josh Kaufman’s talk, and reading his book – both of which can be found on the about page. You’re not going to be an international expert by the end of the month, but you will be good enough at the skill that it will be fun for you to do, impressive for others to see, and you’ll be better at it than 99% of the population!
Just follow Josh Kaufman’s 10 Principles of Rapid Skill Acquisition:
- Choose a lovable project.
- Focus your energy on one skill at a time.
- Define your target performance level.
- Deconstruct the skill into subskills.
- Obtain critical tools.
- Eliminate barriers to practice.
- Make dedicated time for practice.
- Create fast feedback loops.
- Practice by the clock in short bursts.
- Emphasize quantity and speed.
If you decide to take on the challenge, leave a comment below, letting me know!